The following parameters are ‘guides’ for Gateway positioning for site installation and configuration.
KAS recommended the following parameters but can not guarantee the performance due to each sites specific nature:
- The number of devices: max 15 locks to 1 gateway, recommended 10 locks to 1 gateway.
- Working radius: max 10 m (-90 RSSI) radial working distance, recommended 6 m (-85 RSSI) radial working distance
- Recommended working BLE signal strength; max -40 RSSI, min -90 RSSI (Absolute max -95 RSSI)
- WIFI signal: connect to any active WIFI network using WIFI name and WIFI password. The gateway must be in strong WIFI network range
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz (BLE, WIFI)
- Power: 5V Power adapter (supplied)
*Use these as a ‘guide’ only. Parameters are tested by KAS.
- Distance is an approximate calculation from lock signal strength. The distances stated on this page are based on line-of-sight with no penetration or object interference, unless specified.
- If the gateway is mapped to a lock to travel around corners you will need to reduce the working distance because signal strength will drop around corners.
- WIFI signal (Gateway -> Internet) is quite an important parameter. Don’t forget to consider the gateway position relative to the building WIFI router:
- Gateway -> Lock
- Gateway -> WIFI router
- If the WIFI signal to the gateway is poor, the gateway will not perform well.